Monday, March 29, 2010

Meal of the day (Meal of a lifetime): Doubles

Woke up with a mean post-nasal drip that had me vowing to consume no more than broth over the course of the day. Within an hour, I'd had a proposition from my buddy "Invisible Circle"-Dave to eat West Indian doubles that shattered my best-laid therapeutic and recuperative plans. Thanks to this incredibly well researched blog and Dave's commitment to biking in the rain, I basically got to enjoy this monumentally perfect food from, at least in the opinion of these linked bloggers, the best joint in Brooklyn from the dry comfort of our other friend's apartment on an otherwise rainy, nasty day. I think the old saying should be modified to: "Starve a cold. Feed a fever. Unless you're offered doubles delivered directly to you. In which case, eat yourself sicker."

No comments: